Located on the southern slope of majestic Mt Shasta, McCloud Hotel & Hall presents a picturesque alpine setting for your mountain gathering. Balancing historic ambience with updated modern conveniences the property offers a variety of elegant, rustic and intimate venue spaces and lush gardens accommodating up to 189 people seated for a dinner reception and over 400 standing. Whether you’re planning a wedding, vow renewal, rehearsal dinner, birthday party, family reunion, conference, retreat, or something else, the property can accommodate groups big and small.
The McCloud Hotel & Hall dates back to 1916. Situated on the north end of the McCloud Historic District, both are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
SUMMARY OF AMENITIES
- Indoor and outdoor event venues – maximum occupancy 189 for dining and up to 467 standing room only
- Tables and chairs setup, take down, and overall cleaning
- Historic 1930s banquet and dance hall
- Dance floor – Original and elegant wood floors
- Outdoor deck and courtyard with bar and fire pit
- Stage for live band or DJ
- Full service bar with drink specials/packages*
- In-house commercial kitchen catering services*
- Personal photo slideshow – Continuously played on TV
- Bridal salon with private full bath
- Groom’s den relaxation loft
- BOSE sound system
- Indoor accommodations when outdoor noise limits start
- Downtown location in the historic “walkable” mill town of McCloud
- Access to entire venue 8am to 12am/midnight the day of the event
- Soda and tap water are included as part of the venue rental price. Only tap water is served since McCloud has the best water on the earth
- Beer mugs, wine glasses, champagne glasses, and water glasses – if you select an alcohol or catering package*
- Staff to serve alcoholic beverages and food – If you select an alcohol and catering package*
- In-house wedding planning and day of coordination services*
- Onsite building director – Will only unlock and lock doors and coordinate the setup of tables and chairs where you prefer. The building director is not a wedding planner and will not assist with decorations and other setup tasks not associated with tables and chairs setup.
- Mountain weather – Cool (Tahoe like) in the summer and snow in the winter for wintertime event. Tahoe like weather but a lot cheaper and more majestic with Mt. Shasta in the background of photos.
- At the base of Mount Shasta the majestic mountain 14,179’ tall *In addition to venue rental price
Conference and Banquet Hall
The Hall is McCloud Hotel’s new indoor conference and banquet space. Adjacent to the hotel and connected by beautifully landscaped lawns and courtyards, The Hall boasts a high, coffered ceiling and intricately hand-stenciled wood beams with craftsmanship and details largely preserved in its original condition from the 1930’s. The walls are of original timber from the McCloud mill. Once the workforce cafeteria for the McCloud River Lumber Company and later a dance hall, the recently refinished original hardwood floors are made of Douglas Fir timber from the old McCloud mill (Learn more about the history of McCloud).
Outdoor Courtyard, Deck, and Bar
The Hall has an outdoor courtyard, fire pit, and a large deck perfect for weddings, wedding receptions, and private parties. Your party/event can begin in the Hotel outdoor lawns and then extend into The Hall’s courtyard, deck and elegant banquet and dance hall. Or have your event entirely inside the banquet and dance hall or outdoor courtyard. The outdoor courtyard comes with a customized bar that will be utilized if you select an alcohol package.
Wedding/Event Setup and Maximum Occupancy
The Hotel and Hall’s indoor and outdoor venues can be configured in any manner you desire. For instance, you can hold your wedding ceremony or event in the outdoor lawns, courtyard and deck area, followed by standing-room only drinks in the dance hall, then return to the deck and courtyard for your dinner and the speeches. After the dinner and speeches, the celebration can then migrate back into the dance hall, remain in the outside courtyard or it can be a combination of the two. Basically, you can choose any sequence for where you want your event to take place within The Hall. Bottom line: The Hall’s outdoor courtyard, deck and indoor dance hall are all yours. Depending how you prefer the setup of the inside and outdoor venues, the maximum occupancy for your event varies. With tables and chairs for a dining experience the maximum occupancy is 205 people. However, The Hall can accommodate additional guests beyond 205 depending if you have only chairs, no tables, or standing space only. Call and/or email for maximum occupancy for various setup scenarios.
Tables and Chairs
As part of the venue rental, The McCloud Hotel & Hall will provide tables and chairs for your event. The Hall offers five live edge walnut tables that are approximately 7 1/2′ feet long by 3 1/2′ wide, and 3 1/2″ thick. The legs are made of polished steel and built on casters to allow the tables to be moved around in any configuration you desire. These tables are amazing! The Hall also provides traditional six foot and 8 foot banquet tables to complement or substitute the live edge walnut tables. Should you wish to rent different style tables and chairs from a third-party vendor, these items will not be included as part of The Hall’s venue rental pricing.
Setup, Take Down, and Cleanup:
The Hall will provide the setup of tables and chairs in the location and configuration you desire. The Hall will also take down the tables and chairs after your event and provide cleanup, allowing you to simply relax.
The Hall offers a room exclusive for the Bride and her Bridesmaids to prepare for the big day. The bridal salon comes with a full bathroom and complimentary bottle of champagne.
Groomsmen Relaxation Accommodation
Prior to the Wedding, the Groomsmen will be allowed to relax in the historic dance hall and enjoy two complimentary beers for each Groomsman. The gentlemen can relax at the long bar and watch a sports game as they wait for the big day.
Beer, Wine, Cocktail, Water, and Other Drinking Glasses
The Hall has a full-service bar and as part of the venue rental, The Hall will provide all beer mugs, wine glasses, cocktail glasses, water glasses, and other drinking glasses required for your event. Any alcohol you desire will be in addition to the venue rental price.
Utilize three large televisions to continuously play a slideshow of your favorite photos, so your guests can see your special moments over the years.
Alcohol, Food, and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
The Hall is full-service alcohol and food venue and can accommodate any alcohol, non-alcoholic, and food requests you may have. A variety of alcohol packages along with catering packages can be added to your venue rental as desired along with food and non-alcoholic beverages. Please note, alcohol, food, and non-alcoholic beverages are not included as part of the venue rental pricing and are in addition.
In-house Wedding Planning and Day of Coordination Services (Optional)
The Hall prides itself on being as much a full service event venue as possible, so there are less contracts, and consultants/subcontractors you have to deal with and coordinate. Our in-house staff are available for wedding planning and/or day of wedding coordination services. Let The Hall’s professional Staff take the burden off of you with respect to planning and coordinating your wedding so you can enjoy your big day and all days leading up to it.